At each Athena Executive Club meeting we hold Business Development Training. These short sessions are designed to share useful tips, facts and ideas covering a wide range of issues relevant to executives and entrepreneurs. Athena Executive Members come from a diverse variety of backgrounds with an immense wealth of knowledge and experience which we all benefit from during these member-led training sessions.
In May, Athena Executive Member, Carla Luce, wowed the group with her extensive media background to provide tips and tricks for ensuring the perfect sale – whatever your product or service. Carla’s sales experience was perfected during her ten years presenting live shows on TVSN, Australia’s home shopping network. We were delighted she shared her ten-step success formula with us.
10 Essential Skills
1) Relationships – they must be built and nurtured with your potential and existing clients.
2) Engage – it takes 30 seconds to capture someone’s attention when buying, so be quick and be memorable!
3) Product – whatever you’re selling needs to be something you clearly believe in. Making something exclusive can also capture people’s attention and hurry their buying decision.
4) Interaction – demonstrate your energy and passion and watch for feedback. Tweak your style according to your audience / target market.
5) Urgency – set clear timeframes for when the product will be available and any discount or special offer period.
6) Problem and Solution – find your customer’s ‘pain’ and offer a solution.
7) Benefits vs Features – highlight the benefits to the end user rather than just listing the features.
8) Choice – ensure there is a range of choice but do not overcomplicate things. The confused mind says no.
9) Guarantee – providing a quality or a money-back guarantee builds trust with customers.
10) Call to Action – the customer needs to clearly know where and how to make a purchase – don’t simply assume that they know.
These quick tips provide a clear approach to selling our products and services and can be adapted to fit your specific business. Thank you Carla!
About Carla Luce
Carla K is a presenter, model, writer and Stylist. Carla has been a regular presenter for the TV Shopping Network in Australia and is a dedicated follower of all things beautiful. Visit Carla’s website.